The Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel Rashtriya Ekta Trust (SVPRET) has been created to manage the resources and execution process of the project. This Apex Body is responsible for planning and development of the project. Its envisaged objectives are focused towards the development and promotion of the area around the Statue of Unity in the field of education, livelihood generation, environment protection, renewable and clean energy, health and hygiene especially for tribal populace among others.
SVPRET is managed by a Governing Body, headed by the Hon’ble Chief Minister of the State of Gujarat. Other members include the Chief Secretary of the State Government and other senior government officials from various departments which include Sardar Sarovar Narmada Nigam Limited, Road and Buildings among others.
Mission and Vision
To nurture the future of communities by enabling all-inclusive socio-economic growth through monumental & iconic infrastructure development.
SVPRET is committed to inspire & enrich lives through holistic development of the region around the Statue of Unity.
SVPRET aims to create global benchmarks in:
- Tourism infrastructure & visitor facilities
- Developing state-of-the-art education, healthcare and eco-tourism facilities
- Cohesive growth of nearby rural communities by initiating health & environment awareness projects
Sardar Sarovar Narmada Nigam Limited
The Sardar Sarovar Narmada Nigam Limited (SSNNL) is a wholly owned Government of Gujarat undertaking. SSNNL was incorporated under the Indian Companies Act, 1956 in March 1988. The main objective of SSNNL is to execute the Sardar Sarovar Narmada Project comprising of the dam, power houses, canal system and other works incidental to/ancillary to the Sardar Sarovar Project (SSP). Incidentally, SSNNL was also entrusted the implementation of the Statue of Unity project.
For the construction of the Statue of Unity, SVPRET commissioned consultants with considerable experience in building monumental structures such as:
- Turner Project Management India Pvt. Ltd. – Project Management
- Meinhardt India Pvt. Ltd. – Structural Engineer
- Michael Graves – Architect
- TPMIL JV with Meinhardt and Michael Graves – Project Management & Construction Management
- EGIS India Pvt. Ltd. & TATA Consulting Engineers Limited – Proof Consultant
- L&T – Engineering, Procurement & Construction